Friday 31 July 2009

All of a Rush

Suddenly things have really started to happen in my clinic. Last week I had a call from Kings Flooring in Newark saying that they had a cancellation the following day and would I like them to screed the floor? ‘Yes Please’ I replied. I rushed home to clear the rooms for them and discovered a slight problem. An old table that had been taken into the old house many years before, and that Dave had been using as a work bench, would not come out of the new slightly narrower door. After some swearing and a couple of dents in the new paintwork, (Aaagh) we resorted to sawing bits of the table off and the floor was cleared for action.

Then Dave and I went to Belvoir castle for the CLA Game Fair where we were working on the High Ropes and Parachute course, and we had a great weekend. The photos are of Dave but I did do the ropes course too and had repeated goes on the Parachute jump.

When we returned home the screed had been laid and now a new problem has arisen.........The door is too close to the floor, or the floor is too high for the door, it’s not too clear which. Anyway there does not appear to be room for the flooring! I am awaiting the expert’s opinion.

And Then There was Light

In the meantime we now have the electrics finished with some rather great little spot lights. (It will be great not having to peer at people’s feet under the energy saving bulbs that appear in everybody's home.) In the therapy room there will be a dimmer switch so that a gentler atmosphere is available. Emergency lighting and fire alarms have been fitted too courtesy of electrician Tim, and of course the ever faithful labourer, Dave.

In addition the colour is appearing on the walls and woodwork. A pale Barley Twist on the walls and Terracotta on the woodwork. Over the fireplace will be a paler Tuscan Terracotta. So far it feels light and warm, which is what I was aiming for.

I am going away in the morning for a weeks sailing in Norfolk, leaving my wonderful husband Dave, to deal with the flooring and the Building Inspector! Good Luck Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment