Monday 28 September 2009

What a Grand Opening!


What a Fantastic Day! The day of the Grand Opening was one that I will never forget. So many people turned up to look around the clinic that I was really grateful that I had my ‘kitchen elves’ on hand to help. Mum (Sheila), Mum in law (Doris) and friend, Leona all did sterling works serving Coffee and Cakes and selling raffle tickets for the Macmillan Nurses Fund Raiser that we ran at the same time. We estimate that around 60 people came in total over the day, which was fabulous, and loads of others rang or emailed with good wishes. Thank you to everybody, especially to those who donated cakes and prizes, we have raised over £200 for the Macmillan Nurses.


It was lovely to meet Sue Chan at last. She is the clever person who came up with the name of 'Body & Sole'. We had spoken two or three times on the phone so felt that we already knew each other and we had great fun posing for photos. I did give a short speech and I really hope that I managed to thank every one who had been involved in the project. Sue then graciously cut the ribbon and pronounced ‘Body & Sole’ open, hoping that the clinic would live up to its name and bring many Bodies and Soles through the door. Thank you Sue.

I do hope that anyone who hasn’t yet managed to visit and have the tour of the clinic will one day pop in to see me. I will be pleased to see you, and very proud to show you round.

3 comments:

  1. It was indeed a "Grand Opening". You did a great job Sally and the cakes were delicious.
    A good effort all round I reckon. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ade, Can't claim credit for the cakes as they were all donated but I agree they were delicious. They also serve who stand and bake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Sally,

    Now the real hard work starts!!!!!

    Love Ben

    ReplyDelete